Thursday 18 May 2017

A WEEKEND CELEBRATING SASHA





Dear Iona and Raffay,


Grandpa and I made it to Eastwood Hall and I wished you had been there with us! What wonderful Sashas in beautiful costumes! It was a feast for the eyes! The theme was National Costumes and some of the outfits were simply astonishing! I have chosen just a few photos to give you an idea. The Maypole seems to have been a success, too! The flowers you wove into the wreath were still all there and the ribbons worked beautifully. The Sasha kids were very well behaved and didn’t fall over once! Some of their friends joined them and I think they all had a blast! Notice the Toddler going in the wrong direction? I was glad she didn't get trampled on! 















This Warrior was one of my favourites, although it was very hard to choose, as you can imagine


This little darling stole my heart! I love how she is painted, particularly her eyes


There was also a band. Lukas played the recorder, but look at Gilly playing the accordion. He came all the way from America! In this photo you can just make out the naughty cow who crashed the scene!


Some of the kids who joined in the fun.  The boy and the girl in the hat came all the way from Switzerland! 


I met up with lots of my lovely Sasha friends, but here are two of my favourites: Rosie and Kalaya! They had a great time, winning no end of Raffle prizes and taking part in all the crafts that were on offer with amazing skill. They delighted us all with their happy smiles and sweet nature. It would have been great, if you both could have been there too, Raffay and Iona! It would have been the icing on the cake.


Lots of love, Grandma xxx



3 comments:

Dee said...

Wonderful photos and report of the SCW Karin. Your Maypole display was amazing and all the Sashas dancing round it beautifully dressed in their national costumes.
The boys very handsome standing in the centre.
I was so pleased that you and Wasi made it to the weekend. It was a roaring success with everyone just enjoying being together and talking dolls plus other things of course. The two youngest members were beautifully behaved and a delight to watch at the raffle as they collected some prizes.
It all went so fast!

Theodora said...

Thanks, Dee! Slowly checking out other blogs. You had some interesting stuff on yours!!! I seem to have missed a lot, ha ha. xxx

Kendal said...

Due to ill health I'm still 'slowly but surely' making my way through all these wonderful and most interesting SCW blogspots.

I thought that your Austrian Maypole Dancing display was nothing short of MAGNIFICENT and was sorry to see that it didn't get a prize (but am now thinking that that might have been because other dolls than your own were added to it over the time and therefore it soon became a SUPERB and beautifully executed SCW display rather than an individual National Costume entry.)
You definitely deserve a recommendation for it's popularity in attracting so many other Austrian participants wanting to join in the fun of this Mayday entertainment... so please give yourself a well deserved 'pat on the back.'
Was extremely sorry to have missed seeing it in all it's glory!