Tuesday 26 March 2013

A PRESENT FOR SASKIA

 
'What are you up to‘Iona?' asks Raffay
'I’m writing a card for my friend Saskia’. An Easter card.’
'Who is Saskia?' Raffay is curious.
‘You know’, she is my friend from Broxbourne. We went to lunch to Bury Lane the other day. She is great. You would love her.’

 ‘I doubt it’, says Raffay. ‘I am not that keen on girls. Anyway, show me what you have written.’
 'It’s quite good,’ says Raffay, ‘but you still get your letters the wrong way round.’ ‘I don’t!’ Iona is indignant. ‘Show me. I don’t believe you. You always think you know everything!’

 

 
‘Hmm,’ says Iona when confronted with the evidence. ‘Anyway, I am only 4 and a bit. I bet you couldn’t even write when you were my age.’


I could too!’ Now it’s Raffay’s turn to be indignant. ‘ I could read and write when I was three!’
‘No you couldn’t’, says Iona firmly. ‘End of discussion. Go away, I am busy wrapping up this present. I am sending it to Saskia.'
 

‘Are you going to give me an Easter present too?’ asks Raffay.
‘Of course not, silly’, says Iona. ‘You are not my friend. You are my brother! You only have to give your brother a present when it is his birthday!’

 
 Raffay is astonished.
‘I will never understand my little sister,’ he thinks. 'I better go, before she asks me to help wrap the present. She is making a right mess of it!' 
 

‘There we are, all done. I hope Saskia likes Easter Eggs.’
 
 
 A HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OUR SASHA FRIENDS!!!
 
 
 

 
 
 


 


12 comments:

Serenata said...

Lovely post Karin.

I am sure Saskia will be thrilled with her Easter present Iona.

Your kids have some wonderful furniture and accessories, and I am impressed with Iona's writing if she is only 4 and a bit!

SimplySasha said...

Iona is my personal favourite of all your girls so it was really nice to see her featured in this super post of yours Karin...
HAPPY EASTER TO YOU TOO...DON'T EAT TOO MUCH CHOCOLATE :
A MOMENT ON THE LIPS...FOREVER ON THE HIPS :)

Theodora said...

I hear what you are saying, Ronnie! I shall go easy on the chocolate! Happy Easter! xxx Karin

Theodora said...

She is a precocious four and a bit!!! Modelled on he real thing, ha ha! Happy Easter, Lorraine! xxx Karin

Dee said...

Great story Karin, loved Iona putting Raffay in his place!
I see you are acquiring a few props! They look great, the baby playing with the little picture domino's was sweet.

have a lovely Easter
Dee and the Clan

Theodora said...

Well, just like the real thing, Dee! I ought to post a picture of the actual Raffay and Iona! Have a wonderful Easter. Love Karin xxx

Sharon said...

Oh how sweet! What a lovely thoughtful girl to send her friend a nice Easter egg and card....and such a clever girl too, being able to write so well at her age!!
Happy Easter to you too Karin!
Big hugs Sharon in Spain xx

Theodora said...

Happy Easter to you too, Sharon! The snow is annoying everyone all over Europe it seems. We have all had enough of it!!! xxx Karin

DollMum said...

I bet Raffay's spelling wasn't perfect at that age! Good story and very realistic scene.

Theodora said...

Well you know boys! Boasting comes naturally! xxx karin

Kendal said...

Great to read the 'real life' rivalry banter between a brother and sister though I'm tending to side with Iona with regards to who was the better writer and speller at the age of four years, as from my experience as a teacher, girls tend to master those skills slightly earlier than the boys.....but of course there are always a few exceptions to the rule and Raffay could easily have been one of those!

Adore the furniture and accessories and general room set up and like how Iona is sprawled on the floor writing her Easter card to her friend. Just like the kids would in real life.

Theodora said...

Dear Kendal, bits and bobs left over from the 'real kids' and now used as Sasha props. Also, Dee gave me the idea of using a permanent setting for taking Sasha photos. It is all set out now in the small children's bedroom - only needs to be dismantled when the grandkids come to stay! Iona and Raffay are modelled on the 'real' Raffay and Iona. Fairly true to life, although Raf is the exception to the rule - words and language are his 'thing'. Iona has taught herself to read and write and her spelling is extremely 'creative'! I pity her teachers, now that she is at school!!! What age group did you teach? xxx love Karin