Sunday 29 January 2012


GILLIAN - PIED PIPER OF THE SASHA WORLD

(or where Gillian leads, I follow!)



I had often drooled over the lovely Sashas on Shelley's website. There was a sweet Sasha Velvet which I coveted. I don't know why the thought didn't occur to me, that I could actually buy her! And anyway, I didn't really NEED any more Sashas! Then Gillian sent me a picture of her latest Sasha (OMG - I bought another one) which she had found on Shelley's site. A light went on in my head - and then panic gripped me! I immediately logged on to SASHA DOLLS UK hoping that Sasha Velvet was still for sale. Well, it was inevitable really! I named her Lissi, after my favourite younger cousin.


Lissi wearing a ballet cardigan from Sashadollsclothes . Pleated skirt by Alexissofie

Then, by good fortune a Goetz Angela appeared on Ebay at not too exorbitant a price. I needed to find out what was so special about the Goetz redheads, so I bought her. Hmm. Is it me, or do the Goetz dolls have a slightly cross expression? A bit of discontentment showing? Anyway, I called her Lara. She might grow on me!



Lara in the inevitable Gillian Nash sweater. Trousers by Stomar



Lara in a gorgeous outfit by Jadzia (Skibniewska). Hat by Dee (Annislynne). Boots from All About Dolls

Having realized that I had no resistance, I allowed myself to be captivated by this beauty. Honeyblonde, slightly haughty Phoebe




Phoeby in a pleated skirt by Jadzia. Jacket by Linda Holmes.

Taking my lead from Gillian once again, I developed  this desire to also possess a Sasha with short hair. I saw a waif on ebay. She looked in perfect condition, apart from the fact that a child (probably) had taken the scissors to her hair. She is, indeed, a lovely doll, but her hair was a mess. I called her Molly.



Molly in an outfit by Jadzia. Hair restyled into a sweet Bob by Zoe, Gillian's clever daughter. I think it really suits her. So cute!

Browsing through the Sasha listings on Ebay I came across a lovely, wide-faced Sasha from the States. Looking closely, I thought there was a strong resemblance between her and Iona. And yet, there was a difference in the face structure. Iona seems to be wide-faced around the mouth, which makes her look a little pouty. This one seemed to be wider in the face from the forehead down. In any case, I was hooked. She was to be Iona's twin. Name: Natasha


Natasha wearing an outfit  by Jadzia. Pinafore an blouse.

I really hanker after a Trendon blonde, Gillian confessed. Don't we all! As it happened, there was a beauty on Ebay! Shame to let her be bought by someone else. I named her Rebecca!


Rebecca wearing an outfit by Jestsew. Tights by Wendy

So, this is it for now! Apart from the babies of course! There is a lot of talk about redheads at the moment on various blogs. I wonder how long I can hold out before I succumb to the lure of another redheaded beauty. We'll see

4 comments:

Serenata said...

So glad to have found your blog, have seen your comments, but your blog didn't come up on your profile! You have a lovely collection of girls. They all look very pretty in their outfits.

Theodora said...

I don't know much about blogs, I have to confess. I stumble across other people's and find them really inspirational! One more thing to keep one glued to the computer and immersed in the world of Sasha. Not good.

Serenata said...

Well it certainly is addictive. My blog is http://sewingforsasha.blogspot.com incase you haven't come across it yet :-)

Theodora said...

Hi Lorraine, I am actually a member of your blogspot. We nearly met at Gillian's the other day. karin