Saturday 28 January 2012

Introducing the Sasha Family


GRANDCHILDREN!

It all started with Yasmin's Sasha. I bought the doll for her, when she was 5 or so. My absolute favourite Sasha of all, despite the teethmarks on the legs made by Strummer, our dog!  Can't part with her, so she still lives with me. Her name is, of course, 'Yasmin'! In this photo she is wearing a sweater and hat knitted by Gillian. Love the colours! The pink jeans are by Ruth Hartley and the sneakers from Mimiwoo


Yasmin

Of course, one Sasha is never enough, so I decided to add a few Sashas to keep Yasmin company. The idea was to have a Sasha to represent each one of my grandchildren. So the next Sasha I bought I named after Hanna, my beautiful, wonderful first granddaughter! She is the daughter of Peter, my son.



Hanna

Here she is, wearing a jacket knitted by Linda and a pleated skirt by Alexissofie. The resemblance between Hanna the doll and Hanna the child is quite striking. Hanna, of course, has  two Sashas of her own (present from grandma). I was hoping that she would become a devotee and a collector, but I think the two she owns are all she desires! Like all of us who own Sashas, she is fascinated by the clothes and shoes and is developing her own style in dressing her two Sashas. When buying clothes for 'Lily' and 'Emma'  I always new that I couldn't go wrong with pink, but now that she is 10, pink is no longer de rigeur! In fact, she now prefers to choose the clothes herself! Grandma, clearly, has 'no taste' when it comes to dressing Sashas!

Hanna and the Sashas having fun in the garden in Cambridge




Next came Raffay! Oh boy, is he cute! And again, he looks just like the real thing! I suppose when you look for a Sasha and you have a grandchild in mind, you do choose the doll who resembles him or her. Raffay is Yasmin's son, big head and unruly hair. He was quickly followed by Iona. When I saw her on ebay I thought she had a look about her, which did indeed remind me of Iona, Raffay's younger sister. Iona, the doll, is a wide-faced Sasha. She looked a little petulant - a far-away look in her eyes, much like the expression Iona often wears. I just had to buy her. Well, my little family seemed to be growing at a pace.



Iona and Raffay

Iona is wearing an outfit by Petrana (SMPG). Absolutely adorable. Raffay is dressed in one of  Stela's (Aletsa) shirts and trousers. They look really great together.


Raffay in  Farmpants made by Alexissofie and his favourite Pirate Sweater, made by Gillian (who is the main reason why my Sasha family has increased exponentially!!! It is all her fault!)



Iona in an outfit by Aletsa

Then came Romy all the way from the States! He was pristine! Had never left his box! How wonderful, I thought. Alas, it's not good to stay in a box for neigh on 40 Years!!! He is losing his hair a bit, poor boy! I had trouble finding a dark haired Gregor at the time. To resemble the real Romy, Hanna's brother, he should have long hair in profusion! Still looking!



Romy in a jacket by Michelle, I think. Jeans by Aletsa

Tabatha was the last one to arrive. The real Tabatha was still a baby at the time, but I took a shot on what she might look like. Hmmm. Jury's still out! One thing's for sure, if the rest of the kids are anything to go by, she will have masses of black hair - eventually!




Tabatha wearing a pinafore by Alexissofie and a sweater by Gillian

There! My proxy grandchildren complete! No need to buy any more Sashas! (I can hear Gillian laughing)

7 comments:

Serenata said...

Wonderful, that is it, blame Gill, famous last words though 'no need to buy any more Sashas!

Theodora said...

Gill and I started out with one Sasha each at the end of 2010. I now have 15, I think (and have bought 3 more to give to my granddaughters). Gill is on 22+ and rising!!! How many do you have?

Serenata said...

Goodness I don't know, I daren't count! ;-)

kreinzru said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kreinzru said...

Ich habe hier zwar schon einmal gepostet, aber von meinem Eintrag ist nichts zusehen!
Also noch einmal! Ich finde die Püppchen süß und kann mir vorstellen, daß sie Dir viel Freude bereiten! Zum Teil sind die Fotos so gut gelungen, als man meinen könnte, hier unterhält sich eine echte Gruppe von Mädchen! Das Foto mit dem Kaffeekränzchen ist perspektivisch super gelungen! Da scheinen die Proportionen OK! Auch das Bild aus dem Garten ist meisterlich fotografiert ! Natürlich ist auch die Positionierung der einzelnen Puppen sehr gut gelungen! Die Kleidchen und Pulloverchen usw. sind eine Wucht! Die machen wahrscheinlich so richtig den Reiz dieses Hobbys aus!
Viel Freude noch an Deinem Hobby liebes Schwesterchen!

kreinzru said...

Translated with Babylon
I stayed here while already once posted, but from my entry is nothing and watch! So, once again! I think the dolls sweet and i can imagine that they give you a lot of pleasure! In part, the photos as well, as you might think, here maintains a real group of girls! The photo with the coffee is great succeeded in perspective! Since the proportions seem OK! Also the image of the garden is masterfully photographed ! Of course, there is the positioning of the individual dolls succeeded very well! The dress and Pulloverchen etc. , are a treat! The make the allure of this probably so properly hobbies from! A lot of joy to your hobby dear sister!

Theodora said...

Vielen Dank fuer Deine netten Worte, Rudi. Many thanks for your kind comments. Werde Mitglied! Join the blog! Die Uebersetzung mit Babylon ist koestlich. Erinnert mich and die Briefe die Gerard Hoffnung bei der Oxford Union Debate 1958 vorlas